The government’s Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) has been expanded to help more homeowners qualify for refinancing their mortgage. Even those with little or no equity available may take advantage of low interest rates, and other refinancing benefits.
HARP may be an option if:
- To qualify, you must have a good payment history for the past 12 months. That means having no late payments in the last 6 months and no more than one 30-day late payment from 6 to 12 months ago.
- Your home is your primary residence, 2nd home or investment property.
- Your home value has decreased.
- Your not currently paying mortgage insurance.
- You have limited equity or your first mortgage exceeds the current market value of the home (i.e., your loan-to-value ratio must be > 80% to be eligible).
- Your loan is owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae. Check the Fannie Mae Loan Lookup tool.
- Your loan was acquired by Fannie Mae on or before May 31, 2009 (this date can be found in the Loan Lookup results).
If you would like to know more please call us at (855) 693-7283 and one of our specialists will be happy to help.
Other loans you might be interested in: